Thank you for your interest in the 3rd Annual Emory Percussion Symposium. We’re looking forward to another world-class event, which this year will take place over two days to allow time for more (and more in-depth) classes with our fantastic artists, who promise to educate, stimulate, inspire, and entertain. A tentative schedule of events is below, occurring on Friday June 8 (6:00 pm-9:30 pm) and Saturday June 9 (9:00 am-5:30 pm) at the Schwartz Center for the Performing Arts.
Additionally, we’re offering the exciting option of group-discounted tickets/parking for the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra’s Saturday June 9 8:00 pm performance of Rimsky-Korsakov’s percussion-intensive classic, Scheherazade (featuring three of our artists).
Registration Fees: Single = $95 (by 5/31), $105 (after 5/31); Groups of 5+ from one school = $75 per student
- Outstanding clinics and the Friday Evening Concert (featuring our guest artists)
- Emory Percussion Symposium T-Shirt (featuring our cool logo)
- Vendor exhibits and sales, including Zildjian, Vic Firth, Majestic/Mapex, Percussive Arts Society, Dragonfly Percussion, and C-Alan Publications (bring some money!)
- Automatic entry into drawings for a new Majestic Prophonic Concert Snare Drum, a Zildjian crash cymbal, a Vic Firth leather concert keyboard bag, various Vic Firth sticks and mallets, framed artist-signed posters, and more. The # of raffle tickets you get is equal to the number of weeks before the event you register, so register early!
- Chances to chat with elite performers and educators throughout the day
- Opportunities to perform for some of the classes. (Please email Prof. Scott Pollard ASAP if you’d like to perform, and include your age, school, private instructor’s name and email).
Optional Fee: $18 for single ticket/parking to attend the 6/9 ASO performance of Scheherazade (a $42 value)
Please note: You will be required to enter an email address and create a password to log in to the IRIS system, which powers the symposium registration page. Your information will not be shared, and you will only receive emails directly related to the symposium.
Social Media (for the latest EPS details and past videos/photos)
Friday June 8
Saturday June 9
9:00 – arx duo – Percussion Ensemble clinics with one HS and one college PE – TBD
11:00 – Scott Pollard (Professor, Emory U.) – Tambourine Clinic and Rhythm Game
12:00 – Lunch
1:00 – Joe Petrasek (Principal Percussion, ASO) – Orchestral Keyboard Clinic
2:30 – Dr. Tim Feeney (Professor, U. of Alabama) – Improvisation is Free (featuring a group sound exploration)
3:30 – Mark Yancich (Principal Timpani, ASO; Professor, Emory U.) – Timpani Clinic
5:00 – Raffle
(dedicated exhibit hall time will be mixed into the above schedule in TBD 15-30 minute intervals)
8:00 – Group Outing (optional) to ASO’s Scheherazade performance (Yancich, Petrasek, Pollard performing)